See the list of groups in Sailors Club. Join them or create a New.
Upload and Manage your photos
Upload and Manage your videos
Launch an event and invite the members.
Request your friend to write a testimonial for your Maritime Skills. Manage those testimonials.
Create an online meeting or a “Web Based Seminar". Useful for Training ,Interviews, and Corporate Discussions.
The home of sailors club. See all the activities happening in the Sailors Club.
Your community portal on Sailors Club. You can manage your Social and Professional profile from here.
A "Webinar", also called a "web-based seminar" is used to deliver workshops, seminars or lectures to a large group of people over the internet. Webinars can be used for educational purposes, sales and marketing and even training
Read informative articles on Maritime Industry. You can also write a blog to" Have your Say".
Participate in the Maritime forum having topic of various interests. You may create your own .
Maritime job openings posted by member Maritime Employers. It’s free to apply and post the Jobs.
Find Maritime Courses and the Institutes conducting them. Free to list your academy
Maritime employers reviewed by the Seafarers.
Download/Upload knowledge files of various categories of Maritime.
PORTWIKI- portal for finding the shore-leave information of the Sea-ports around the world. Seafarers, Ship-Chandlers, ITF inspectors and Mission to seafarers can edit the page to put new information.
Human centric news of Maritime Community, posted by AdminSailor and other members.
May Be not all the Time but Sometimes Seafarers tend to leave the Sea Life and Come Ashore. Research conducted by Barnett, Gatfield, Overgaad, Peckan and Graveson tells you the following Reasons for Seafarers to leave the Sea Life and come Ashore:
1) Firstly according to the researchers, many seafarers consider their lives in the sea to be a temporary passing phase before they choose other career paths.
2) Family pressure is another big thing as sometimes the constant expectations to choose a land job forces many seafarers to leave their sea jobs.
3) Coincidental Opportunities is being pointed out as another critical reason where seafarers who feel confused with their career options leave if anything nice clicks ashore.
4) Not being able to adapt to the stressful social condition while sailing is another critical factor pointed out by the researchers.
5) Bad experience and bullying from the Senior Officers, at beginning of their career, might tempt a seafarer to leave the career option.
6) Cultural conflicts between seafarers belonging to different nationalities causes problems which sometimes forces some of the men back to the shore.
7) The lack of company identity is another main reason which makes a seafarer identity-less at the end of the contract. Sometimes a seafarer seeks a complete corporate identity like people who are working ashore.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
7 Reasons Why Seafarers Leave the Sea!
09 Jan 2015 13:30 #4383