Westway Marine Academy
Institute Profile: Welcome to Westway Marine Academy (wma) . . .
Westway Marine Academy (wma) is Govt. Authorized Private Marine Academy in Dhaka. with Our Academy Campus in Uttara, Sector-12, We Are Fully Outfitted at Our Present Setup and Facilities to Ensure That Our Cadets Achieve the Very Best They Can and That They Face the Future with Confidence and Skills, Fit for Their Future Marine Career.
Opportunities Beyond the Horizon . . .
Marine and Maritime Qualifications Can Lead to a Huge Range of Careers from Ship's Captain, Marine Engineering, Maritime Lawyer, Designer, Marine Scientist: Literally Hundreds of Diverse Careers. Wma Cadets Can Aspire to Fulfill Skilled, Technical and Specialist Careers, Here in Bangladesh or Internationally. These Roles Are in Demand and Can Be Very Rewarding.
What We Stand For...
Our Vision is to Be and International Maritime Academy of Choice for Maritime Professionals and Companies to Impart Best Maritime Education and Training As Per Imo Convention (stcw/95).
Our Mission is to Prepare Maritime Professionals with Leadership Qualities, Sense of Responsibility, Honor, Pride, Character, Loyalty and Devotion to Duty to Meet the Needs of the Employers and to Succeed in a Fast Changing Competitive Environment.
To Explore and Recognize the Potential Seafaring Talents, Suitably Train Them and Make Them Adequately Equipped with Officer Like Qualities So As to Groom Them Up As Future Leaders in All Fields; Especially in the Field of Shipping and Guide the Men Under Their Command with Ability and Confidence.
To Deliver Such Co-curricular and Disciplinary Training Which Will Enable Each Individual Cadet to Take His Place As an Officer of the Merchant Marine Field and Face with Courage, Endurance, Fortitude, the Rigors' of Life and Career at Sea.
To Develop in Cadets, Through Constant Guidance and Supervision, a Sense of Purpose, Loyalty, Devotion to Duty, Uprightness, Adaptability Under All Trying Circumstances, Pride of Profession and Spirit to Service Which Will Make Them Valuable and Distinguished Members of Their Profession As a Proud Citizen of Bangladesh.
To Achieve Good Academic and Professional Standard, Which Will Enable the Cadets to Appear in Examinations of Class-iii (and Subsequent Higher Examinations) of Deck/engineer Certificate of Competency (coc) After Completion of Prescribed Sea Training on Board.
To Provide Cadets/students Officers with a Sound Background in Management and Technical Skills So That Following Service at Sea, They May Take Up Leadership Positions Ashore in Different Maritime and Industrial Sectors.
Our Commitment ...
1. Impart Theoretical/practical Nautical and Marine Engineering Education to Young Cadets Pursuing Successful Career at Sea.
2. Run 3 Years Long Nautical & Marine Engineering Deck Cadet Course (2 Years Academic + 1 Year Practical on Board Ship) and Other Ancillary/basic Courses for Officers & Crews As Approved by Dg Shipping.
3. Meet the Training Requirements of International Maritime Organization in Accordance with the Standards of Training Certification and Watch Keeping (stcw) Conventions for Seafarers.
4. Prepare Cadets/officers with Professionalism for Top Quality Performance in a Dynamic Environment.
5. Endeavour to Establish the Highest Standards of Behavior and Achievement by Cadets/officers.
6. Cadet’s In-house Safety, Security and Wellbeing is Paramount.
7. Parents/guardians Will Be Encouraged to Fully Involve with the Academy.