How to register / create an account ?
- Click the HOME in top left corner.
- In the login box click on the create an account.
- Fill up the informations as required.
- Go to your mail account and check inbox.
- Click the activation link in your Mail Box from the sailors club.
- Login the sailors-club.net with your username and password.
- You are already a member now.
Watch the video for more understanding.
I am a seafarer, how "sailors-club" will be useful ?
- This website is made keeping seafarers of merchant navy in center.
- Seafarers can search JOB here.
- Seafarers can interact in community with Maritime employers and Seafarers alike.
- Seafarers can find study material in FILE, BLOG and FORUM
- Seafarers can find reviews by seafarers on Maritime employers at COMPANY REVIEW section.
- Seafarers can find information on all ports of world,which they can also edit at PortWiki section
- Seafarers can raise there matters in FORUM and BLOGS and join and create GROUPS.
How to apply for a job ?
- Click the Jobs
- Select the Job title for which you want to apply for.
- Click the "APPLY" button on the top right in the new window.
- If you are not LOGIN or REGISTERED you will be asked to do so.
- Click the button "SET AS JOBSEEKER" or "APPLY JOB" in the top left of the page.
- Follow then as been directed.
How to hangout with friends,on board sailors-club.net
- Look at the Chat bar at the bottom of the website
- In the right end ,Click"Who's Online"
- You can click the name of your friend and start chatting with him.
- In the chat box you can,share the files on your computers,Play games with your friend,Video chat,share your computer screen ,make a collaborative document and even chat in your native language
- If you are in group you can create a chat room.
- On the left side of Chat bar,Click"Chat room"
- Then click "Create chatroom"
- Give a name to chat room and invite your friend.
- You can do all the stuff together,like share the files on your computers,Play gameswith your friend,Group Video chat,share your computer screen ,make a collaborative document and even chat in your native languages,all in a group. .
How to study with friends,on board sailors-club.net
- Create a chat room and call your friends to join for the study,from the bottom right link in the chat bar.
- You together can do lot of things like sharing file and Video-chat,along with making a common note book(collaborative document)
- In the top right side of the website click the "FILES"
- Then choose a category and click
- You can download and upload any file on your computer and study together in the Group chat
- You can find more interesting study material in Blogs and forums also.
How can I inquire about a shipping company and How can I review a company ?
- "Company review" is a section where seafarers can review a shipping company they know or have worked with.
- Here you can also read the reviews done by others and can comment on there reviews.
How to put review
- First Login or register in the website
- Go the the company review section
- Type the name of the company (for which you want to read or write reviews)
- Click the "Write review", to make the review for that company.
If the company is not in the list ?
- Click the link "By seafarers"
- Click the link"Add new listing" in the right side at the top of list.
How to post a job?
- To post a Job,you should be registered as "Crew Manager of Merchant navy".((By selecting the group during registration))
- Login and Click the JOBS in top menu.
- You will be given a employer dashboard where you can select to post a job
- Make your job also featured one
- There is absolutely no charge for posting a job.Its free.
How to do videoconferencing,on board sailors-club.net ?
- You must be logged in the sailors-club.net
- Look at the bottom left corner of the pages.
- Type a name of the room.
- Invite your friends by clicking the button "invite friends"
- Click the icon of camera
- Start the group chat with your friends
How to post some information about a port city in Port-Wiki ?
- First login the website
- Go to the portwiki
- Type the name of port you want,in the search box.
- You can edit full page(by clicking "edit"on top) or you can edit any section(by clicking "edit"on the right side of each section.
- When the editor opens Click "Rich editor" on top left side.
- New editor with more functionality will open and you can edit the page.
How can I submit my CV ?
- Register as "sailor of merchant navy".
- login the website.
- Click the JOBS in the menu.
- Click the button DASHBOARD.
- Now click ADD/EDIT RESUME.
I am a seeafarer, where I can find JOBS in this website ?
- Click the button JOBS in the (located in top left of the page).
- Either,you can enter the rank/rating,for which you are searching job,in the field box below "ENTER KEYWORD".
- Or,you first choose your rank/rating in the field box below"JOB SPECIALIZATION".
- DO NOT FORGET TO CLICK SEARCH IN THE END.
How we make money,if everything here is free !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We are a company of Information technology working in Maritime domain,which has firm belief in the potential of open source.
We believe that sundry informations like job openings and other services should be free of cost and a strong community is formed among seafarers,Crewing companies,training institutes,ship managers and all the players in Global maritime transport industry.
We are in the process of designing other value added services intended for shipping industry based on Cloud platform which will be launched in near future. Yes,for these services we will be charging subscription fees.